Wednesday, October 12, 2011

S'mores Pops/MTSU Homecoming!



Hey Y’all!!!  I wanted to do this post last week, but I never found my camera cord so I bought another one and am finally able to share with you what I made for the MTSU tailgate a couple of weekends ago….S’MORES POPS!   When I was assigned to bring a “dessert” I knew I wanted to do something cute and creative…so I thought of doing marshmallow pops dipped in blue candy melts to be MTSU colors….BUT THEN I thought…hummm…what if I dipped the marshmallow’s in CHOCOLATE and then rolled them around in graham crackers and make S’MORE POPS!!!  GENIUS!!!  So I started “googling” and found a few recipes and started my little project.

Items I used to make my S’mores pops:
  • Graham Crackers
  • Marshmallows
  • Lollipop sticks
  • Dipping Chocolate


How I made them:
  • Put the graham crackers in a zip lock bag and start to crush them…then put the crushed graham crackers in a bowl.
  • Put the dipping chocolate in the microwave for 2 min….you can also melt using a double boiler.
  • Push the sticks into the marshmallows.

**Now you’re ready to begin!
  • After pushing the sticks into the marshmallows, dip and swirl your marshmallow in the melted chocolate.
  • Let excess chocolate drip off and then roll it around in the graham crackers. (This is where you could add sprinkles too……or toffee chips……or crushed peppermint, or crushed fruit loops…..the possibilities are endless.)
  • Place them on your plate…or in my case, I stuck the ends of my stick in a foam board.

  • Let them sit for about 30 minutes and then enjoy….in my case, I was using them for the next day so I let them sit for about an hour or so and then put them in plastic bags and put ties around them.
I wanted to be spirited so I painted a pot MTSU colors….
Then put a foam ball in the middle of it and stuck my pops in it to look like this….
And Tadaaaa!!!  Here’s a perfect centerpiece for the dessert table.  I’m done and ready for tailgating festivities.  I highly recommend you make these for some kind of event….. they were an ABSOLUTE HIT!!!!   
Here’s a few pictures of the day….we had so much fun!
Me and the roomies: Claud and Joey
Me and G
Me and Claud
I just love this time of year...don't you?
RGL

3 comments:

  1. Those look so delicious! And it looks like you're having a great time in all of these pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I cam over to visit. These are great! I love that you can make them ahead of time for no-mess s'mores. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "came" over to visit. Can't spell. ;)

    ReplyDelete